[Linux-aus] [Osia-discuss] Re: If you could ask Microsoft a question, what would it be?

Con Zymaris conz at cybersource.com.au
Sat Jan 12 22:08:39 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 04:18:37AM +1100, Jiri Baum wrote:

> Why SLUG is falling for it, I'm not sure; most likely, it's built on a culture
> of cooperation and openness and simply doesn't have the necessary defences.
> It would hardly be alone in that - even organisations such as ISO have
> trouble in such circumstances (and that's just a current, on-going example).
>
> A leopard can't change its spots.

Not quite correct.

IBM *was* that leopard 20 years ago. It changed its spots because it had
to. Microsoft is not in that position at this stage however.

What are the odds of taping this session and pasting it up on a video
sharing site? It would also be interesting to see Microsoft's response
to the question of the session being taped.