[Linux-aus] If you could ask Microsoft a question, what would it be?

Steve Walsh Steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sat Jan 12 14:33:08 UTC 2008

Apologies for the cross posting, but this is a topic that affects nearly
everyone.
Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> /me dons his flame-retardant suit
>
> If you could ask Microsoft a question, what would it be?
>
> That is not a theoretical question. There's a strong chance that we can have
> some fairly senior Microsoft Australia representatives [1] at a SLUG meeting
> (likely this month's). One shall be a business person, the others are
> engineers.
The same is occurring for LUV in February. Whilst I don't share the LUV
President's belief that "..we've won, man, it's game over", I do think
that it's interesting that they appear to have decided to hit two LUG's
with rep's willing to receive both pointy and (hopefully not very many)
pointless question within a short period of time.

One of the many LUV ctte reps that are on the LA list can no doubt
provide more information on how, what, when and where, but I agree with
the rest of Sridhar's post, keep the  questions intelligent, insightful
and to the point, and try not to stray too far into explaining how you
once had to reinstall cause "format c:\" was allowed to work, and why
did they allow such a stupid thing in, it could have been fixed with a
single change to line 4786 of the file....

Steve