[Linux-aus] My nominations

James Purser james at jamespurser.com.au
Thu Jan 3 05:00:33 UTC 2008

Here's the text of a blog entry I've stuck up about my nominations.

Moving onto Linux Australia stuff, I've been nominated both for the role
of President and Vice President, which in itself is a nice vote of
confidence, however over the last week and a bit I've been doing a lot
of thinking, mainly about my priorities and where I need to be investing
my energy and time.

Sad to say, I don't think I will be accepting my nominations. Much as I
would love to take on the role, after sitting down and talking with
Karin and others I've decided that I need to sort out a few more things
before I can dedicate the kind of time and effort that the role of
President or Vice President requires.

My time on the Committee has been both rewarding and educational. I have
enjoyed working with all Committee members over the past two years and I
look forward to watching as the next committee takes Linux Australia
forward to meet the challanges that the changing face of both our
community and the wider general community pose.

In terms of what my priorities are this year, they really boil down to
growing the business out of the simple web hosting and development into
New Media and Collaboration services. This is going to take a lot of
work and I need to be free to concentrate as much as I can on achieving
my targets.

To everyone who voted for me (twice even) and everyone I have dealt with
during my time on the Committee, I can only say thankyou for allowing me
the opportunity to work with a wonderful bunch of people.

--
James Purser <james at jamespurser.com.au>