[Linux-aus] CD pressing/printing

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sun Feb 10 11:01:55 UTC 2008

Hi Sridhar

CD Production and Duplication costs for copies of the OpenCD and other
disks were met by Linux Australia under the grants scheme a number of
times last year, and I believe there is a long term project being led by
a number of the Education Sector people for printing of 10,000+ disks
for this exact reason.

The biggest question from cost. From what I can remember from last year,
disks were $1.58 ( printed in plastic) sleeves for 1,250 disks, for
total of ~$2,000, or about the standard sort of figure for a grant
allocation.

So, probably the best way to move this forward is to get a quote
together, then submit the request as per a standard grant request to the
Council and the LA list. If you're after 10,000+ disks, then that might
be a slightly different thing, and would need to be discussed separately
to a grant proposal.

Steve