[Linux-aus] Videoing LUG Talks

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Feb 7 19:06:54 UTC 2008

Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, Anthony Towns <aj at azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

[snip]

>> So unless I'm misunderstanding something, this policy _doesn't_ exist.
>
> I'm going by what I've been told by others who have looked into it. Seemingly
> there's been a communications breakdown somewhere.
>
> Now that we all know better, we can move forwards. What we can learn from this
> is that LA's resources to LUGs are not clearly understood. I've replied to
> Steve off-list to see what can be done in this particular instance, but we
> need to make sure this sort of confusion can't happen again.

No. I think what we should learn is that trusting gossip instead of
asking people who actually know is a bad plan. Sorry if this comes
across as rude, but its pretty annoying to find out that a service isn't
be used because someone assumed it couldn't be used without checking...
There are several LUGs, including your own, who have had direct upload
access for several years now.

Mikal