[Linux-aus] Microsoft at LUGs

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Wed Feb 6 11:42:05 UTC 2008

Can anyone tell us how the Microsoft visit to LUV went yesterday? Is there a
video available?

SLUG had them over on 25 Jan. I've got a write-up about it at
http://www.dhanapalan.com/blog/2008/01/26/dancing-with-the-devil-in-the-pale-moonlight/

The precis is that it went quite well, despite the naysayers. Obviously they
weren't going to pull an IBM and embrace (...extend, extinguish...?) FOSS,
but I think they met many realistic, positive expectations.

SLUG will be putting out a video of the meeting shortly.

--
Tired of slowness, bugs, crashes, viruses, trojans, spyware, adware,
malware... ? Take back your computer. http://www.linux.org.au/linux