[Linux-aus] FYI - Submission LA made to the Australian Federal Treasurer.

Marco Ostini m.ostini at uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 6 08:07:49 UTC 2008

Hello All,

After my initial posting on the 4th of December 2007, looking for input and
offering to do the work, some LA members assisted me and a submission was
made to the Australian Federal Treasurer on behalf of Linux Australia.

In particular I'd like to thank Jon, Pia, and AJ for their contributions,
guidance and constructive criticism.

The submission was made to the Federal Treasurer's office on the 18th of
January this year.

As promised, here's a URL to the PDF document that was submitted.

	http://www.life2thefull.org/files/BudgetSubmission_2008.pdf

If you're interested in how LA was represented to the Australian Federal
Government, please have a read, and provide feedback.

We'd like to have a collection of points stored in a document at the ready
for other occasions, like the 2020 summit, and it's best if that document
is shaped by the LA membership and FOSS community.

The Linux Australia submission was made in response to the new Federal
Treasurer's invitation:

http://www.treasurer.gov.au/DisplayDocs.aspx?doc=pressreleases/2007/001.htm&pageID=003&min=wms&Year=%202007&DocType=0

Cheers,
Marco