[Linux-aus] Videoing LUG Talks

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Tue Feb 5 23:45:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 10:15:07PM +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Steven Hanley <sjh at svana.org> wrote:
> > Any LUG generated audoo or video content can be hosted on the Linux
> > Austrlia Mirror. If you happen to have some simply send en amil to
> > mirroring at lists.linux.org.au and we will explain to youw how to upload the
> > content.
>
> My understanding is that LA will not provide LUGs with direct access to their
> mirror server. This forces LUGs to keep their own video repository, which can
> then be mirrored by LA. I can understand why this policy might exist, but it
> presents a hassle and expense for LUGs just to get their video online. In
> fact, it's kept SLUG from putting their videos up for quite some time now.
>
> I'd really like to see the 'LUG in a Box' idea grow into a complete hosting
> solution[1] for LUGs to select if they wish. I'm all in favour of ways to
> (buzzword alert! ...) lower the administrative burden on local groups by
> leveraging the economies of scale that a national organisation possesses.

I am one of the three people on the mirror team, I know we have a mechanism
in place for any LUG who wants to directly upload content. James Purser was
doing this for the SLUG stuff. It is not rocket science, just ftp.

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
i want somebody who can hold my interest, hold it and never let it go