[Linux-aus] Videoing LUG Talks

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 02:56:40 UTC 2008

Howdies,

On Feb 5, 2008 12:48 AM, Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:

> Has the proposal been sent to the various UG's around the country?

That's what this email list is for, right? If you're running a unix
group (as I am) I feel it's your responsibility to be on relevant
lists (such as linux-aus) and report back to your group items of
interest.

As for the proposal itself: we've been knocking this idea around for a
long time, cost has been the high bar, this proposal gets us around
that.

My only request would be to limit the number of widgets that get sent
out in the kit. Ideally we'd get a video straight to hard drive hand
recorder thing, which we could plugin via a usb cable and
encode/upload to mirror.linux.org.au. I'd very much prefer it if we
didn't have to deal with any removable media, as these tend to get
lost/broken easily.

cheers,
--
Clinton Roy