[Linux-aus] OLPC talk at Rotary Sunrise Canberra

Simon Pascal Klein klepas at klepas.org
Tue Apr 8 06:13:01 UTC 2008

G’day,

Just some heads up on how the OLPC talk at Rotary Sunrise went last
week.

Firstly I want to pass along a thanks to Tomasz Ciolek, Paul Hampton
and Chris Yeoh for kindly lending me their XOs to pass around at the
OLPC talk I gave at Rotary Sunrise, Canberra. It essentially covered
the OLPC project and features of the XO.

What made it a real success was that one of the Rotarians had invited
the respective High Commissioners and Counsellors from Kenyan,
Nigerian and Zimbabwean embassies. Throughout the morning they and the
rest of the audience had a chance to see and use the XOs which were
sitting amongst the audience on the breakfast tables.

I briefly had a chance to chat with them and they are all interested
and would like to get in contact with OLPC Australia. Also, the Rotary
District Literacy Committee Chairman was present at the meeting, and
Rotary Sunrise is looking for a written request outlining specific
goals and requests for an OLPC Australia project such that the club
can help.

Tomasz, Chris, Paul: I’ll be at PSIG this Thursday so I can hopefully
get the XOs all back to you. :)

–Pascal

---
Simon Pascal Klein