[Linux-aus] Software Freedom Day: official announcement for Adelaide

Paul Schulz pschulz01 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 01:43:32 UTC 2007

QuADELAIDE CELEBRATES SOFTWARE FREEDOM, THIS SATURDAY

Software Freedom Day (SFD) is a worldwide celebration of Free and Open Source
Software (FOSS). Our goal in this annual celebration is to educate the
worldwide public about of the benefits of using high quality Free and Open
Source Software (FOSS) in education, in government, at home, and in
business - in short, everywhere!

This Saturday, the South Australia FOSS community will be running
three activities across Adelaide, with another two in other locations
across the state.

 * Software Freedom Showcase, 2007 (10am - 4pm) - Mawson Lakes
    http://sfs07.mawsonlakes.org
    In conjunction with the Mawson Centre.

 *  The Generals Lounge - Rally the Penguins (9am - 6pm)
     Colonel Light Gardens
     http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/oceania/au/Adelaide/TheGeneralsLounge

  * Vorpalcon - Booth and Display (Sat, Sun)
    Old Adelaide Goal
    http://www.vorpalcon.com

and

  * Grant High School, Mount Gamibier (Sat)
     http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/oceania/au/Mount_Gambier

  * The Copley Crew, Copley (Sat)
     http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/oceania/au/Copley

Everyone is welcome. Feel free to pop in if you find yourself nearby
and we look forward to seeing you on the day.

Please refer to the links for more details.

RESOURCES

To view our plans for the day, see
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/teams/oceania/au/Adelaide

For more information on the meaning of Software Freedom Day, see
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/about

For more information on FOSS, see http://www.linux.org.au/linux