[Linux-aus] Software Freedom Day - this weekend

Kylie Willison kmw at bridgeonline.com.au
Tue Sep 11 22:44:11 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 02:00 +1000, Pia Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just a friendly reminder that Software Freedom Day is this Saturday (or
> Sunday in Sydney), so go along and check out your local events, or even help
> out by volunteering or running your own event :) This year there are over
> 300 teams worldwide from over 80 countries! The biggest event ever!
> Australia has 16 events this year:

Hi all
I've written an article on my blog about what FOSS is, Software Freedom
day, Ubuntu etc.  Mine is targeted to home educators but it could easily
be adapted to suit any interest group.  Please feel free to adapt it and
send it out to your own groups, mailing lists, blogs, bulletin boards
etc.

<http://kyliewillison.blogspot.com/2007/09/home-educators-there-is-alternative-to.html>

If you don't like what I've written you could use it as a template for
your own article.

:-)Kylie
--
Kylie Willison
Co Regional Director

My Blog
http://kyliewillison.blogspot.com

This email was sent from a computer running the Ubuntu Linux
operating system.  The Linux operating system isn't harmed
by Windows viruses or spyware.