[Linux-aus] committee at linux.org.au down

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Wed Oct 31 15:30:03 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 18:19 +1000, Russell Stuart wrote:
> I have received a couple of warnings like the one below
> so I doubt any have been received.

For what its worth, I think I understand what is happening
now.  I was using my ISP, optusnet, as a smarthost.  I now
recall seeing comments on this list before that Optusnet
SMTP servers don't handle the greylisting linux.org.au
does.  When I send directly from home it all works.

humbug.org.au also does greylisting, and optusnet doesn't
have any trouble with it.  I suspect the amount of time
an IP/host stays in linux.org.au's greylist "approved"
list is a little too short.