[Linux-aus] go

Aguido Horatio Davis horatio at computer.org
Thu Oct 4 09:35:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 09:02:38AM +1000, Pia Waugh wrote:
> Hey Horatio,
>
> <quote who="Aguido Horatio Davis">
>
> > Apropos of absolutely nothing, how many on this list:
> >
> > a) Attend LCA (or would like to), and
> > b) Play the ancient oriental board game of go?
>
> I'm in!

In to what? *he says innocently* :)

As it happens, I _was_ wondering whether an informal pair go tournament
and BOF would be feasible at the next couple of LCAs. Melbourne is close
to the strongest go community in Australia at the moment, and LCA 2008 is
at the University:

   http://www.spgo.org.au/

and if Brisbane's 2009 bid gets up, I could organise something here out
of the local go club's resources. Go sets are a pain to transport to
another city, but in these cases the logistics would work.

With only two players, at least it will be easy to determine a winner.  :)

Cheers,

Horatio