No subject

Mon May 28 02:02:21 UTC 2007

...even if it is just a polite letter pointing out the plethora of
evidence that points to it
being lifted and not original.....
(..note the word _polite_ )

> Don't go off the deep end over a bloody scratchie.
Huh? How on earth did you derive that statement in relation to my post?

Jeff, I think you have missed the important bit:

IF ( <- note the word)  the ambiguity of the email excerpt (..taking
on board comments from Jon) in the first post  can be cleared up, and,
IF the respondents still make a claim to have created TUX, then that
is a clear case of plagarism. ..........P-L-A-G-A-R-I-S-M.

IMHO plagarists are liars and should be revealed and shamed....always!
That has nothing to do with the TUX creator, it is an ethical stance
that IMHO all professionals should follow and hold dear...regardless
of discipline or industry.

I have always held the view ( and always will) that the F/OSS
community and the GPL help promote this professional stance ... the
"many eyes" concept first touted by Stallman accomodates this, even if
it was not his or the foundations intent to start with.

If I took your code and represented it to my colleagues and clients as
my creation would you be comfortable with that?

If your answer is "Hey why not...I don't care" ,well, thats OK, your
choice. But, I would still be a liar that would be (rightly) brought
to account when found out... and that has nothing to do with your
decision or desires.

Rgds
BW