[Linux-aus] How can we address gender imbalance in LA/AU-FLOSS? (Was: An Open Letter to the Open Source Community)

Kym Farnik kym.farnik at gmail.com
Fri May 25 06:37:47 UTC 2007

http://www-07.ibm.com/au/diversity/advancement_of_women.html

IBM are the #1 preferred employer of women in ICT.

http://www-07.ibm.com/au/diversity/awards/2007/eowa.html

Quote: This week, IBM was named Employer of Choice for Women by the
federal government's Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace
Agency (EOWA) for the seventh year in a row.

The last person I 'head hunted' into IBM was a woman - in the role or
IT Architect - she is a brilliant lady working in a hard core
technical role.

http://www.ibm.com/news/au/en/2006/12/20061205_diversity.html

Quote: Women make up 33 percent of IBM's total workforce, with 17
percent holding executive roles compared with the national average of
12 percent EOWA Census, August 2006. In the area of IT, 23 percent of
IT roles at IBM are held by women, compared to the national industry
average of 16 percent. ABS, 2006.

Looks like IBM are the benchmark.  I know some of these people are
working of FOSS proejects here in .au as well as globally.

--
Regards, Kym Farnik
mailto:kym.farnik at gmail.com
mailto:kym at farnik.com