[Linux-aus] Questionnaire

Janet Hawtin lucychili at gmail.com
Thu May 24 23:15:15 UTC 2007

Lets make the choices and paths we took to get involved in Linux and
FOSS more visible.
If we have a batch of a4 pages each with the journey of a Linux person
on it then we can give them to careers folks in schools. I will make
up a letterhead we can use.

What kind of questions would be good?

* My first technology project was?
* I studied these things in this school
* I studied these things at this tafe
* I studied these things at this University

*I now work in Linux here doing y
* I now participate in the Linux community in x way and
here is the mail list or irc channel you can find us at.

Open source technologies are important for learning because it is
legal for kids to look under the bonnet and learn how things work. It
is my guess that we have a deficit of new tech graduates because their
school educations are saturated in technologies they are only allowed
to learn how to use but they are not allowed to learn how to engineer
and contribute to them.