[Linux-aus] Looking for linux app....

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Thu May 24 12:33:30 UTC 2007

Hi All,

Way back when, 6 or 7 years ago, I played with a tool call (I think)
tkined.. was tired up with another tool called scotty. I did a search
the other night and it looks like its was dropped as an on going project
a couple of years ago.

It was a very nice network mapping and monitoring tool. You created your
network layout and  then tie snmp monitoring attributes to the diagram
elements.

after months of messing around with my home network I have finally got
it in a decent configuration and went looking for tkined only to find it
is now abandon ware.

What I would like to ask you all is suggestions for a FOSS tool I can
use in its stead.

you can find a couple of screen shots of what tkined did here.
http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/nm/scotty/tkined.html

Randall Crook.