[Linux-aus] Listless and Sagging

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Wed May 23 12:31:08 UTC 2007

Hey Don,

Welcome to Linux Australia - this mailing list is something of a
community watering hole, and as such it's somewhere people come to talk
about things relevant to the linux (and foss) community in aus.

There are other lists that stick to the technical, usage,
implementation, and development side of things...  I'd recommend
starting with the Brisbane / QLD based LUGs
http://www.linux.org.au/foss_in_australia/LUGS/QLD

I'm sure someone from HUMBUG should be able to point you in the right
direction.

The 2 largest linux user groups are luv and slug

The main Linux User Victoria mailing list is pretty technical most of
the time if you don't care so much about geographic proximity...
http://www.luv.asn.au/

Sydney linux users group
http://slug.org.au/

And I'm sure there'll be other suggestions for you...

You might like to take a peek at
http://planet.linux.org.au/  which is a collection of community members
blogs, and has a good daily dose of news, commentary and techsnips of
all snorts.

cheers
Donna

--