[Linux-aus] An Open Letter to the Open Source Community

Andrew Swinn andrew at swinndesign.com
Wed May 23 04:50:38 UTC 2007

Paul Shirren wrote:
> Bret Busby wrote:
>> The above basically just says "Don't give us a hard time because we are
>> female".
>
> Well, nobody here has a problem with that do we?
>
> Let's not turn a sensible call for a "fair go" into Monty Python's
> Argument Sketch.

Seconded. Nice letter by the way Melissa. I have mentioned your work and
others to my wife on a number of occasions highlighting the
contributions made by women in the open source community, and the
computing area in general. Although I doubt she will be joining
LinuxChix in the short term, she does like to help out promoting our
wares. She will no doubt find interest in your letter.

Through writing this small reply I have come to realise just how many of
those that have inspired me to travel along the open source process have
been women, especially those in the Australian community.

Keep up the good work, everyone.

Andrew