[Linux-aus] LA member services / multi-tiered membership

Del del at babel.com.au
Mon May 21 05:16:40 UTC 2007

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Donna Benjamin">
>
>>On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 12:07 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>>
>>>and there is always an opportunity for OSIA to sponsor Linux Australia
>>>(or its activities) should it have funds available for that purpose.
>

>>I should note however that OSIA isn't in a position to be able to sponsor
>>Linux Australia.
>

> By policy or practicality (an example of which I included above)?

LA (last time I checked the accounts) had several tens of thousands of
dollars.  OSIA has a few thousand, I think around $3000 from the last
treasurer's report.  OSIA doesn't have an annual conference that it can
make a profit from, has many fewer members than LA, and doesn't charge
exhorbitant membership prices, and is therefore very scantily resourced.

We'd love to have a few hundred thousand $$$ to throw at LA, but the
practicality is that we don't and aren't ever likely to have.

--
Del
Babel Com Australia