[Linux-aus] Marketing Linux

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Sun May 20 06:18:31 UTC 2007

Hi Ben,

<quote who="ben at geonetrix.com.au">

> We don't need to spend $350k on cars or anything else. I found the
> best way to market Linux was to hassle radio stations to interview me
> about Software Freedom Day. I scored a gig on local ABC radio and on
> the local community station - this increased awareness of Free
> Software significantly (and hey, IMHO its Free software as well as
> that great example of Free software (Linux) that we should be
> promoting).

I totally agree :) Have you registered your event yet? Registrations are
open and I don't see a Tassie event yet :)

http://softwarefreedomday.org/map/2007

Registrations are open at:

http://softwarefreedomday.org/cgi/register.html

Rock on for Software Freedom Day as our major outreach effort [1], and please
everyone, stop feeding the troll ;)

Cheers,
Pia

[1] I am of course biased as the current President of Software Freedom
International, the team behind Software Freedom Day, however I really do
believe it is having a massive impact with over 80 countries participating
and over 200 teams. It is done on a shoestring budget and already is having
a massive impact right across the world!

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

                      "What are we doing today brain?"
              "We're taking over the world like we always do."
                           - Pinky and the Brain