[Linux-aus] Marketing Linux

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Wed May 16 00:41:11 UTC 2007

Heh,

[Peter didn't say this but:]
>> It sure is, but not unobtainable. about $AU2.00 from 1% of the Linux
>> community would see it raised. What concerns me is that so many bitch
>> about someone who gets off his arse and tries to do something for
>> Linux, but narey a word is said about the freeloaders who NEVER
>> contribute a damn thing to Linux.

It's especially funny since I'm almost certain someone called Tracy Anne
should be referred to as "her" :P

Realistically, the open source communities can be convincingly hostile
to themselves and to the outside communities; however you could
subsitute "open source" with "car racing", "animal loving" and find the
same thing.

Human nature, I guess. Those who don't contribute a thing stay well
under the radar whilst those who make suggestions tend to be noticed.
It's much easier to take pot shots at someone that's visible than at the
thousands (millions?) who aren't :P

DSL