[Linux-aus] The Great Debate 28 May 2007 - Linux vs Windows

Kim Hawtin kimhawtin at gmail.com
Thu May 10 04:01:37 UTC 2007

On 5/10/07, Jeff Waugh <jdub at perkypants.org> wrote:
> <quote who="Pia Waugh">
> > Microsoft & Commercial Software VS Linux & the Open Source World
>
>               ^ Grr. My FLOSS work is FIERCELY commercial! :-)

how come the ACS can not get their heads around the concept of
"using the right tool for the job"?

nor do ACS memebers seem to be able to comprehend that
commercial software developers can and do release open source software.

and then theres impossible to believe concept of selling service and
support to business that need service and support using open source software.

just because the software is free and open doesn't mean that some businesses
are not willing to pay for help integrating it or adding to it or
releasing it...

cheers,

Kim

"Those that believe in telepathy, please raise my hand" - Kurt Vonnegut