[Linux-aus] Grant Application: OLS speaker travel

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Tue Mar 20 22:01:42 UTC 2007

James Purser wrote:

> Basically what I'm looking for is the benefit to the community. While
> your attendance at OLS would of no doubt be enourmous benfit to
> yourself, we need to show that the benefit could be spread to the wider
> community of Linux Australia members.

If we equip Ben with a video camera (or he equips himself, which could
be better for the application to travel), he can record all the
interesting sessions he goes to

There are *a lot* of interesting sessions out there at OLS. After all,
they're a conference that still actually make you submit a paper (and
that gets printed in the proceedings), you give an interesting
presentation based on your paper, and the fact that its interesting and
missed on video, is kinda sad

I could see that as being valuable to the community of Linux Australia
members. It would probably also mean that when accepting talks for
linux.conf.au 2008, we have a lot less repetition (in content) between
the two conferences
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi