[Linux-aus] High school computing texts

Andrew Swinn andrew at swinndesign.com
Mon Mar 19 15:07:21 UTC 2007

Andrew Donnellan wrote:
>> I am only working from what a teacher friend of mine has filled me in
>> with. What is being taught in NSW is available from the Board of Studies
>> website http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au
>>
>> Looks like they are phasing in a revised syllabus this year for stage 6
>> that replaces the previous version from 2002.
>
> Haven't heard of this, nor can I find anything on the BOS site that
> suggests that.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/syllabus2000_listi.html#indonesianbs

Scroll down a bit to Information Technology. Maybe I am interpreting it
incorrectly?

There are two frameworks there. One for 2002 and one approved 2006.
Notes in the left say that the 2002 version is only going to be
continued for this year. The 2006 version says it is to be used for year
11 students this year.

Of note is the Resource list PDF file in the third column. This outlines
  all the suggested resources. I just noted the following in the document

"Following is a list of Training Package materials and additional
resources that may be suitable for supporting implementation of the
Framework. This resource list is intended a starting point for teachers
and is not a definitive or prescriptive list of resources."

Maybe there is some scope for adding of suitable 'up-to-date' texts?

Regards,

Andrew Swinn