[Linux-aus] Re: [Osia-discuss] Jimmy Wales (Wikipedia leader) tours AU

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Sun Mar 18 02:00:01 UTC 2007

Hi Nathan

On 13/03/2007, at 10:34 AM, Nathan Bailey wrote:
> At $300 a head though...

Goes to funding Wikipedia.

> 23 April Adelaide Hilton Hotel, 9:30am - 4:00pm
> 24 April Perth Burswood Entertainment Complex, - 9:30am - 4:00pm
> 26 April Sydney Hilton Hotel, 9:30am - 4pm
> 27 April Melbourne ZINC at Federation Square, 9:30am - 4:00pm
> -- http://www.educationau.edu.au/jahia/Jahia/pid/439
>
> Has anyone connected with him to see if he could speak at a user
> group/etc. at night?
> (If he's up for it -- looks like a reasonably full schedule :-)

Same will apply: a donation for wikipedia.
I've dealt with Jimbo for the MySQL Users Conference a few years ago,
and we made a suitable arrangement.
He is a good speaker and interesting person.

"we" may not be the target audience for his gigs above.
Sad he's not visiting Brisbane though, I wonder who planned his
itinerary... (/me tosses him an email)

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz (mob. +61-438-210 269)
Open Source Strategy, Licensing, Community

Director of OSIA (osia.net.au) Open Source Industry Australia
Australia's industry body for OSS - be counted!