[Linux-aus] Converting Linux Australia's "Committee" to a "Board"

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Fri Mar 9 19:03:10 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 12:06 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Interestingly, at my Church (where I'm on Parish Council), the
> treasurers are 'ex-officio'.  They do not sit on Council, but prepare
> the books and do all the other normal duties.  The job is also shared
> between the two treasurers.  This arrangement means that they do not
> need to be part of the decisions of the council, and often only one
> attends meetings, and can leave early (removing workload).  It also
> helps that one is an accountant by trade...
>
> The procedure seems to be that if nobody on council nominates for the
> position, then we vote to appoint the ex-officio treasurers.

An interesting arrangement... certainly moving a bit in this direction
would be useful (certainly for bookkeeper etc). I guess the harder thing
(for us) is finding members who are accountants by trade and
willing/able to donate some of their time.

My guess is a LUG has a better hope than LA of having
accountants/finance people in the ranks.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Linux Australia