[Linux-aus] Converting Linux Australia's "Committee" to a "Board"

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Thu Mar 1 05:36:20 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 15:52 +1100, Jonathan Oxer wrote:
> > So another model would be
> > 	elevate the committe to council
> > 	elevate sub-committees to commitees (best named committees)
> > 	retain president and vice president
>
> Sounds like a good model to me: it's basically what I'm wanting to
> achieve, but with "Council" instead of "Board". The connotations of a
> "Council" is that it's more representative of the community anyway. I
> like it!

One of the problems with the word council is that it can conjure up
ideas of representation based on location (e.g. a counselor for each
state, city or whatever) and this isn't what we're trying to achieve
(although it's generally nice for la ctte to be composed of people not
just from one place).
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Linux Australia