[Linux-aus] Use of Penguin Image [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Brent Wallis brent.wallis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 02:54:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 6/24/07, David Lloyd <lloy0076 at adam.com.au> wrote:

> Would they want to considering they might get a please explain letter
> from people about the use of TuX?
>
> :(
Am really interested as to where this comment came from.

At all times` during the list debate on this subject there has been
some clear statements made:

- The owner of the image is not overly concerned with copyright or
attribution. It is his and we must respect his intentions.

- We all seem to want to see it "out there" in as many places as
possible...use it till it breaks.

Please don't confuse the "use" of the image with plagarising it.

The latter occurs if someone other than Larry claims that TUX was
their creation.

Respondents all seem have agreed that the latter deserves polite,
professional and unemotive followup with the claimant, keeping in mind
that claims of creation can be misunderstood...and the former is what
everyone wants....

These 2 situations are very different as are the responses.

Rgds
BW