[Linux-aus] new LUG in Albury...

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Tue Jun 12 06:38:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 15:57 +1000, ajdlinux at gmail.com wrote:
> On 6/12/07, Paul Wayper <paul.wayper at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> > And maybe there's scope to have a 'clug.linux.org.au' style address with
> > a pre-packaged site that people can then override with their own server
> > if they grow beyond the bounds of what LA can offer.
>
> Any scope for LA registering lug.org.au and giving subdomains? (UK
> Linux Users Groups does this.)

Interesting idea provided we can qualify for another .org.au domain.
There are restrictions on registration that would probably require us to
create a second non-profit legal entity in order to do that so the
overhead could be pretty high, but by registering a business name we
could probably get "lug.org.au" or "lug.net.au" without too much drama.

Thanks Andrew, I'll see if it's practical.

Cheers   :-)
--
Jonathan Oxer
Ph +61 3 9723 9399