[Linux-aus] Draft grant proposal - women in open source 'tour'

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Fri Jun 1 04:58:59 UTC 2007

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Paul Wayper <paul.wayper at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> So what I'm asking for is some Linux Australia funding to get a woman to
> travel to a CLUG meeting and give a talk on the research from FLOSSPOLS
> and its findings, and exploring the general area of how to encourage
> newcomers of all persuasions to get involved in FOSS.

How about inviting Melissa? She's in Albury, which isn't too far* from
Canberra.

* close enough to not make travel too onerous, but perhaps a little too far to
make a day-trip comfortable.

--
"Software evolves. It isn't designed. The only question is how strictly you
_control_ the evolution, and how open you are to external sources of