[Linux-aus] Draft grant proposal - women in open source 'tour'

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Jun 1 04:08:59 UTC 2007

<quote who="Paul Wayper">

> So what I'm asking for is some Linux Australia funding to get a woman to
> travel to a CLUG meeting and give a talk on the research from FLOSSPOLS
> and its findings, and exploring the general area of how to encourage
> newcomers of all persuasions to get involved in FOSS.

I invited Hanna [1] to linux.conf.au 2007, but unfortunately she couldn't
come due to research/study commitments. Perhaps it would be good to invite
her again. I'd lean towards that, rather than spending (likely) more time
and money carting someone around the country to interested LUGs.

- Jeff

[1] http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~hmw26/join-the-dots/

--
GUADEC 2007 in Beautiful Birmingham                   http://www.guadec.org/