[Linux-aus] Linux Certifications in Australia

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sun Jul 8 13:15:04 UTC 2007

Hi Karl

I've found the Red Hat training to be one of the linux certs about, as
it's assessment is purely practical lab based. I know a few people that
have gotten their RHCE, and they are some of the best, most switched on
admins able to fix thorny problems that I've found. As I understand it,
the Novell cert assessment is also Practical, but I haven't looked into
it very much, so it might be worthwhile following that one down.

The benefit of the RHCT/RHCE cert for an employer is getting a new staff
member with a proven ability to solve problems in real world situation,
rather than just someone who knows the theory behind it, but is yet to
cut their teeth on a firewall change or configuring a DHCP or DNS server.

Just My 2 Cents, Your Milage May Vary, expecting a flame at any minute, etc

Steve