Re: [Linux-aus] Grants Scheme and the New Site

On 1/27/07, James Purser <purserj@k-sit.com> wrote:
On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 11:56 +1100, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> On 1/27/07, James Purser <purserj@k-sit.com> wrote:
> > Also for those who expressed an interest in helping out with the new
> > site, have a good look around. Its Drupal based, needs some serious
> > theme love and some work on the events/calander module.
>
> Will the site be upgraded to Drupal 5.0?

Not in the immediate future. I would rather wait until Drupal 5 has been
out for a while and had the kinks worked out.

I've been running Drupal 5.0 beta 1 on my own website for months now without problem. The most problematic part is actually the upgrade, especially after all the modules are installed and set up. Upgrading now is probably easier, and Drupal 5.0 does improve the API and themes etc., ... but I guess it's your decision in the end :)

--
Andrew Donnellan
ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)    ajdlinuxATexemailDOTcomDOTau (secure)