[Linux-aus] Urgent call for discussion leaders for LinuxChix miniconf

Hi all,

A speaker for the LinuxChix miniconf @ linux.conf.au 2007 has dropped
out, leaving us needing to fill her slot. We are currently planning to
run a Birds of a Feather style discussion session based around the topic
"Getting What You Want: Women and Negotiation". This session will follow
on from Jacinta Richardson's talk on "Social networking for fun and
profit" and Valerie Henson's talk on "Closing the Gender Pay Gap One
Salary at a Time"

This will involve breaking participants up into small groups of, say,
8â10 people, in order to allow discussion to take place. We need
volunteers to help run the discussion in each group, hopefully in pairs.

Here's what our volunteers would need to do:
 - come prepared with one or two thoughts about the topic in order to
   start discussion in their group
 - introduce themselves to their group and get the group to introduce
   themselves as well
 - keep the conversation moving

Our volunteers would need to be women who are going to be attending
linux.conf.au 2007 <http://lca2007.linux.org.au/>, and who would be
available from 16:50â17:30 on Tuesday 16th January.

Please contact miniconf-contact@puzzling.org if you would like to help
out leading a discussion group with us.

-Mary