Re: [Linux-aus] Nominations and their spiels for the LA election

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 22:07 +1030, Janet Hawtin wrote:
> Tim Bowden wrote:
>
> > As far as finding a way to build synergy with other FOSS orgs, I think
> > it would become very important to us over time.  I'm not sure at all how
> > we would go about this, but it would be negligent of us not to try.
>
> Greetings Tim
>
> Sounds like a great new project.
> Where are your current folk located?

So far Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart and I think some from Canberra
and Brisbane though we haven't got to the point of working that out for
sure yet.

> Perhaps there could be an opportunity for a table or participation at an
> upcoming event just to break the ice.
>
> The linux conf coming up in Sydney has all sorts of groups and activities going
> on including an open day which may be a good starting place.
> http://lca2007.linux.org.au/

Any Aust OSGeo's going to lca who whould like to hold a bof?
Unfortunately I can't be there :-(

> I am sure that any of the LUGs would be interested to have some GeoFOSSers
> along, and the BarCamp events are basically all kinds of tech hands on.
> http://barcamp.org/BarCampAustralia

Sounds good.  Anyone want to do GeoFOSS at a barcamp in March
(Melbourne, Adelaide or Sydney)?  I'll be up for it in Perth when there
is an event.

> Post the GeoFOSS events to local lug or the AU list as well so that any of us
> who are interested in Geo tech can come along too.

Will do.

> Cheers from here
>
> Janet

Regards,