[Linux-aus] Re: A/V recordings and publishing

Greg Banks gnb at sgi.com
Wed Jan 31 12:45:02 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 12:07:40PM +1100, Ryan Verner wrote:
> On 31/01/2007, at 10:50 AM, Ken Wilson wrote:
> >Mark an area on the floor in gaffa tape big enough to move about a
> >bit and get to laptop, projector etc and say if you want to look
> >good in the video then stay within this area.
>
> Some people actively avoid trying to 'look good in video' when you
> tell them this sort of thing! :-)

I would have appreciated such guidance.  My choice of standing position
was governed entirely by the availability of flat space and power
for the laptop.  Result: the slides are not visible in the video.  I
wish I'd had the foresight to ask.

BTW, it's been pointed out to me that the link from the Programme page
to the video of my talk (143.ogg, 11:00 Wed Mat-D) has been mislocated
in the table cell for Arnd Bergmann's talk (11:50 Wed Mat-D).

Greg.
--
Greg (not Dave) Banks, R&D Software Engineer, SGI Australian Software Group.
I don't speak for SGI.