[Linux-aus] Re: A/V recordings and publishing

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Wed Jan 31 08:57:02 UTC 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, "Silvia Pfeiffer" <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> A first step to improving the sound is by using lapel mics (make sure
> your camera can take mic input). (BTW: we also rented the lapel mics
> for LCA). These give you the speaker in perfect sound quality.

Unfortunately, our lapel microphones didn't have clips. Speakers were forced
to resort to using masking tape, which looks unsightly and unprofessional.
During some presentations, the tape dislodged, interrupting the flow of the
talks and possibly the concentration of the speaker. In some cases, the
speaker preferred to hold the lapel microphone by hand.

--
"How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the
test?" - the Duke of Edinburgh, to a Scottish driving instructor, 1995