[Linux-aus] Why we love Open Source and Free Software

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Jan 29 09:23:04 UTC 2007

<quote who="Janet Hawtin">

> >[1] *not* "Linux"
>
> Why does that have to be binary?

It's not. Linux is in the set of "Open Source and Free Software".

> Surely we can like open source and free software and Linux.

For sure. I was pointing out the difference between "Why we love Linux" and
"Why we love Open Source and Free Software". It would not be appropriate to
do the former (vastly too limiting), but Linux is very much an aspect of the
latter.

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

     "I think his crackpipe is mixed with helium or something." - Colin
                           Walters on Hans Reiser