[Linux-aus] Why we love Open Source and Free Software

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Jan 29 08:12:02 UTC 2007

<quote who="Donna Benjamin">

> I don't think linux.org.au should become a generic "about linux" portal,
> but it definitely needs to explain what linux is for newcomers, as an
> intro and entry point to invite them into the community, as users, and
> potential contributors.

Yeah.

Perhaps something along the lines of "Why we love Open Source and Free
Software" [1] would entertainingly represent the tenor and passion of our
community, rather than having the usual staid summary of what it all means.

Might be fun to get some commentary on this anyway, and figure out if it's
worth putting on the website later.

Why do *you* love Open Source and Free Software?

- Jeff

[1] *not* "Linux"

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

    "I can't imagine anyone telling Emma Bunton to shut up. It would be
                        rather like slapping Bambi."