[Linux-aus] New name for linux.conf.au in 2007

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Jan 9 12:55:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Senectus . wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:33:40 +0900
> From: Senectus . <senectus at gmail.com>
> To: Linux Australia <linux-aus at linux.org.au>
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] New name for linux.conf.au in 2007
>
> On 08/01/07, Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Senectus . wrote:
>>
>> As should be shown by examining the full header of the message that I
>> posted, I am using PINE v4.64, running on Debian Sarge.
>>
>> Usually, URLs are displayed as clickable links, on which I can right
>> click, and copy  the link to a browser window, and so go to the URL.
>>
>> It has just occurred to me, that the URL above, does not include the
>> "www", which might (?) be the reason that it does not show as a
>> clickable link in PINE, whereas other URL's generally display as
>> clickable links in PINE.
>

> You know how to read and possibly even understand an e-mail header but don't
> know how to copy a URL from an e-mail and Paste it into the address bar of a
> browser?
>
> Somebody buy this man a Mac...
>
> ;-)

Okay, smarta***.

Instal PINE (preferably version 4.64, to reproduce this properly) on
your Linux, and configure it to receive email (but not delete it from
your IMAP or POP server, so you can revert to using your previous email
application).

Then forward the message to yourself, from your existing email
application, so that you receive it in PINE, as I had done.

Then, try to copy the URL from PINE, and paste it to a browser window
URL text box

Then, IF you can do that, you tell us how you managed to do it.

And, the question remains unanswered - what is the secret name of the
conference, that is so secret that it could not be included in the
original email message in the thread, that concealed the new name for
the conference, to hide it from the general public? Or, will Linux
Australia be using the Cone Of Silence, when discussions about the new
conference name are to be held, so that we are prevented from knowing
the secret name of the conference?

This sounds increasingly much like the singer that used to be known as
Ponce.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale