[Linux-aus] trip after linux.conf.au

Kim Hawtin kimhawtin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 05:50:02 UTC 2007

hi guys,

On 1/8/07, Andrew Swinn <andrew at swinndesign.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 04 January 2007 01:12, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > 2. fly from SYD to MEL via Tasmania or something
> Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure going to Hobart(Tasmania)
> involves going via Melbourne airport regardless. I remember talking with
> someone planning a trip from another city in Australia besides Melbourne and
> finding out they couldn't just fly directly to Hobart.

You have the option, when driving to take the ferry from
Melbourne to Devenport(sp?) (on the Able Tasman),
then drive to Hobart, and back.

If you are hiring a car, make sure you get a deal that
does not burn a hole in your pocket when they count
up the kilometeres. some are quite expensive.

it might be work looking at the YHA and the car rental
partners they have.

might even be cheaper to buy a car for that number of KM;)

cheers,

kim