[intl-discuss] Re: [Linux-aus] Nominations and their spiels for the LA election

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 10:45:03 UTC 2007

I should be able to put  together a GeoFOSS presentation for the Sydney
linux conference.
http://lca2007.linux.org.au Jan 15 - Jan 20.

Are we too late to get a 30 min or 60 min presentation? Maybe a
lightning talk? Also we can put something together for the Open Day.

Off the top of my head, we can cover:
* The OSGeo Stack and what proprietary tools are being replaced.
* OSGeo Foundation
* OGC standards and what they cover
* Some success stories
* What next, what people are working on for the future, and what needs
to be worked on.

What should our next steps be if we want to get into the LinuxConf program?