[Linux-aus] Nominations and their spiels for the LA election

Lindsay Holmwood auxesis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:41:02 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, Julien Goodwin <linux-aus at studio442.com.au> wrote:

> The numbers for LUV (which doesn't have the financial distinction), as
> defined by our charter are 1536 members (note that's somewhat inflated
> due to recent list changes). In terms of people showing up to meetings
> IIRC we normally break 40, and I think we broke 70 at least once in
> 2006. Over the year there were almost certainly more then 200 different
> people who've shown up to meetings.

Wow! That's quite a few. We have 1234 people on the mailing lists (9
public lists, about 4 of them active), and about 80 financial members.

We consistently get at least 60 people to our meetings, and we
approached 90 a couple of times in 2006. As a rough figure, i'd say
that of the people who turn up, 70% of them are regulars.

More figures from other LUGs would be interesting, if they'd like to
chip in. :-)

Lindsay

--
http://slug.org.au/ (the Sydney Linux Users Group)