[Linux-aus] Re: [clug] Re: MtM - companies using foss? - updated

Brent Wallis brent.wallis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 11:47:10 UTC 2007

Hi,
On 2/25/07, Chris Smart <chris at kororaa.org> wrote:
> Sunnz wrote:
> > Yahoo has always been running on FreeBSD.
> Yep, you're right..
> >
> > 3D animations in the movie Matrix was rendered on a cluster of FreeBSD
> > machines.
> Yep, some further Google searching seems to support this, thanks! Matrix
> Reloaded and Revolutions however appears to have been done on Linux :)

Matrix? that was Animal Logic I believe. They are based in Sydney.
They also run a large netApp array for their long term storage..holds
all those expensive Matrix images (plus others...think they even did
some rendering for LOTR? ) and footage.

NetApp would never admit it, but from the looks, their Data On Tap OS
is Linux/or/ BSD based as well....
BW