[Linux-aus] MtM - companies using foss?

Andrew Donnellan ajdlinux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 14:53:12 UTC 2007

On 2/26/07, James Purser <purserj at k-sit.com> wrote:
> Oblig. IANAL
>
> No its not. They are providing the source code on request, which meets
> the minimum standards I believe. There is also provision within the GPL
> for "reasonable costs" to be charged with regards to distribution of the
> source code.

$10 sounds reasonable to me - they have to retreive the stuff, burn a
disc, then mail it off and pay someone to send it.

> So long as the code is machine readable and compiles to make the same
> binaries that exist on the hardware, they're in the clear.

AFAIK the requirement is for it to be on a medium commonly used for
software interchange, so a CD is fine.

--
Andrew Donnellan
ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)    ajdlinuxATexemailDOTcomDOTau (secure)