[Linux-aus] Call for helpers: Linux Australia stand at Open CeBIT, May 1-3

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Mon Feb 26 11:05:10 UTC 2007

Hi everybody!

CeBIT[1] is on again this year in Sydney in May, from Tuesday the first to
Thursday the third. Thanks to Pia and Jeff, last year's Open Source Zone has
evolved into an accompanying mini-conference, Open CeBIT[2]. This conference
shall focus entirely on free and open source solutions.

Most of these stands will be commercial in nature, but what's FLOSS
without community? The Linux Australia stand shall exist to promote the
community that makes FLOSS so strong.

What I need are some motivated community members to help with the planning and
execution of this stand. I'd like to, unless the SLUG Committee objects, use
the SLUG Activities mailing list for planning and discussion. If you have any
ideas, post to that list (preferably with the word 'CeBIT' somewhere in the
subject header so that I can easily identify it). If you can be present for
the event itself, please notify me with your contact details and availability
days/hours.

Thanks!

[1] http://www.cebit.com.au
[2] http://www.opencebit.com.au

--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein