[Linux-aus] MtM - companies using foss?

Anthony David adavid at adavid.com.au
Wed Feb 21 21:31:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 08:19:19PM +1100, Chris Smart wrote:
> Hey all,
> Updating some content on makethemove.net and would like to ask if people
> can list companies that utilise Linux and or open source. For example,
> Google, Ebay, Yahoo, Amazon, etc. Well known companies that people will
> recognise, and better still even used. Doesn't have to be limited to
> Internet based, though.
>
> The other thing I'm after are major players in the IT sector that use /
> support Linux, like IBM, Oracle, Dell, HP, Novell etc.

Hi Chris

All SGI server products ship with Linux.
http://www.sgi.com/products/servers/
(Soon you can get Windows CCS on their Intel Woodcrest-based cluster.)

--
Anthony David

Gambling(n): A discretionary tax on those asleep during high school maths
http://adavid.com.au/
0xA72CE1ED fingerprint = EA1E C69E FE59 BBE1 AA4B  F354 BD09 9765 A72C E1ED