[Linux-aus] Standards Australia's letter to JTC1 about ECMA 376

Glen Turner glen.turner at aarnet.edu.au
Fri Feb 16 13:34:10 UTC 2007

Jonathon Coombes wrote:

> Just as an update - this document was removed by the original recipient
> after they received notice that it was sent it confidence.

Interesting. Standards Australia is the Australian government's
agent in standards making. SA is already under scrutiny for its
role in making "secret law" (ie, standards referenced in legislation
and regulation, but unobtainable to those whom the standard affects).
I would have thought that not releasing this document is fuel
to that fire.

Glen